Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Living it up in Ginza

My first solo day (while Guan roughed it out in the office. Keke!)

The day started well with a soft and fluffy donut at a nearby cafe. It became my staple breakfast during my time in Shiodome....I sure miss it now :-(

It was a gloomy and wet day, but it sure didn't stop the Japanese from roaming the streets of Ginza carrying the most fashionable looking umbrellas. If not for the heavy rain, I'd forgo carrying Guan's drabby grey brolly. Oh well, I'll get something hip later.

Lunch was a cheap tempura meal, offering me a rest from some mega shopping and walking time in Ginza. Managed to squeeze in time to write my first postcard to Homie & Rapy.

Amazing building tucked away in dense Ginza. Fortunately, I saw some obasans taking busy looking up and taking photos. But how to look cool snapping pixz with some obasans? Oh well...I try looking hip later.

Ginza is prettier at night! Especially with the clock tower in the background.
At night, I met up with Guan, Sam and his girlfriend Yumi. We headed to a joint in Shiodome for some good old yaki type stuff. With good food, good Umi liquer again (of course ;-)) and good company, this trip is shaping up real nicely.

2 comments:

soliloquy said...

Did you actually write postcards to your cats?

muzelee said...

Of course! all my postcards home are addressed to them. Think the postman would think 'what strange names these are'. hehe!